5 Important Qualities that Make a Successful Social Entrepreneur
- Deep empathy.
- A Systemic View.
- A Sustainable Approach.
- Involving Changemakers.
Social entrepreneurs must have conviction, passion and dedication driving them. In big but true words, they need love and hope to sustain their effort. Social entrepreneurship’s creative aspect also demands a flexible personality.
Social entrepreneurs are able to challenge the existing state of something and come up with improved and unique solutions to tackle social or environmental issues. Also, they are easily able to ignore all environmental constraints, and do not tie themselves up to any particular ideologies.
While the traditional entrepreneur aims to create a product, service or process for which a consumer will pay, the social entrepreneur aims to create a product, service or process from which society will benefit.
Social entrepreneurship is the process by which individuals, startups and entrepreneurs develop and fund solutions that directly address social issues. A social entrepreneur, therefore, is a person who explores business opportunities that have a positive impact on their community, in society or the world.
One example of social entrepreneurship is microfinance institutions. These institutions provide banking services to unemployed or low-income individuals or groups who otherwise would have no other access to financial services.
A social enterprise addresses social issues and contributes to improve the society. According to a study by ADB, as of July 2019, there were 164,473 social enterprises in the Philippines. That’s 17% of the total registered businesses in the country.
Social enterprises in the Philippines – Ten awesome companies that you need to know about.
- BAMBIKE – Hand-made Bamboo Bicycles.
- ANTHILL Fabric Gallery – Fashion and Lifestyle Gallery.
- Artwine – Felt Clothing and Accessories.
- Bayani Brew – Responsible Iced Tea.
- Benitez Collection – Eco-friendly Handmade Bangles and Beads.
The best social entrepreneurs have an appreciation for creativity because they have to provide innovative solutions for the issues they are seeking to address. They have to understand what has been done in the past and figure out a programmatic approach that will help people.
Let’s look at each one.
- C-Suite Commitment. In a social business the top level executives embrace the culture and technology of being social. …
- Marketing is Not a Department. …
- Employee Branding. …
- Investment in Social Technology. …
- Data-driven Marketing.
What are the 12 characteristics of successful entrepreneur?
12 Characteristics of the World’s Most Successful Entrepreneurs
- Absolute clarity of purpose. …
- They believe in themselves – totally. …
- They are very good at finding needs and niches. …
- Ability to focus on the most important things first. …
- A contribution culture. …
- An open mind. …
- Incredible networks, which they foster and participate in.